Protazil® (1.56% diclazuril) is the first FDA-approved alfalfa-based, pelleted treatment for EPM.
- First FDA-approved alfalfa-based, pelleted formulation containing diclazuril
- Makes accurate dosing and administration easier and safer for horse owners
- Indicated for the treatment of EPM caused by S. neurona in horses
- Administer as a daily top-dress at 1.0 mg/kg for 28 days
- Available in 2-pound containers. Dose is measured with a calibrated scoop
Proven effective in clinical field trial.
67% of horses improved by at least 1 ataxia grade within 48 days.
Proven safe in clinical field trial.
No drug-related adverse events observed for horses receiving 1X, 5X or 10X doses of Protazil for 28 consecutive days.
Protazil® (1.56% diclazuril) is contraindicated in horses with known hypersensitivity to diclazuril. Safe use in horses used for breeding purposes, during pregnancy, or in lactating mares has not been evaluated. The safety of Protazil® (1.56% diclazuril) with concomitant therapies in horses has not been evaluated.